Hi there friends! Today we’d like to talk a little bit about using Flash on business websites designs. It’s quite understandable that “Business is business” but website owners always want to make their projects look like nothing on earth. And Flash is the very that thing which can enliven your website and create the unforgettable impression on your visitors. It is the first, and maybe the basic, aim of every corporate website – to inhibit people’s web surfing and to draw their attention to manufactured goods and services.
Frankly speaking, in spite of the beauty of Flash websites, it is not a good idea to arrange all business company sites with animated objects. But with a thoughtful approach to web design, web development and copywriting you can achieve almost any kind of success on the online market.
There are some common mistakes in the business Flash web designs which are always noticeable to the naked eye:
- Slow loading time. Most of your partners and clients are rather busy people, so don’t make them wait for too long. Or at least, let people know that there is something happening on you site – the preloader is a must have thing.
- Unexpected sound effects. Looking for a new Internet provider, for example, people don’t expect to hear the music. Of coerce you can integrate music files to your website but please don’t forget to insert the ‘Sound on/off’ button to a conspicuous place.
- Long intros. Just imagine what will be if your potential customer would have to wait for a few minutes for a website to load, and then would have to look through a long intro page that they’ve seen a million of times on other websites all over the Internet. How many people do you think will be patient enough to go through this? Note that not every visitor becomes a customer, so don’t steal your own chances for success by having a long and boring waiting.
- Massive content blocks. There is a simple life rule (it also concerns offline and online marketing): “People are not interested in YOU, they are interested in THEMSELVES”. So don’t boast of your leading market positions and continuous history, just let people know that their lives can be easier with your products and services. Long text blocks are not in fashion.”
- Complex website navigation. You have only few seconds to make visitors be interested in your activity. Otherwise your game is over. That’s why stop making your online platform complex and florid. Flash websites can be even more beautiful with a strict and user-friendly menu structure and pages layouts.
Now, when you’ve kept abreast of some common mistakes which are widespread in business Flash website designs, we want to showcase you 30 beautiful and functional corporate websites built with Flash.