Yes guys you heard it right. Hours after the all new Google Friend Connect was released I’m definitely one of the first who dared to try it out for blogger platform and I’m happy to say that Google Friend Connect works for blogger. It was a simple installation after all.
Lets start with a simple step by step procedure.
1.Firstly you need to go to http://www.google.com/friendconnect
2. Next You can easily find Set up a new site in their page.
3. Enter the site name and url and you will be directed t
o install “rpc_relay” and “canvas” HTML pages into your server. This is a tricky part. Many people will stop right here but its not as it seems.
4. Download both the files.
5. Now open “rpc_relay” in notepad and copy its contents and paste in a new post. ( New post in blogger means dashboard>> create>>) Dont forget to name the title as “rpc_relay” without double quotes.
5. Repeat step 5 for “canvas” with title “canvas” without double quotes.
6. Now publish both the posts and proceed with the next step in “Google Friend Connect” installation process.
7.Customize your Google Friend Connect members gadget and copy the HTML code and paste it as a new gadget in the layout.
8. That’s it! A Simple procedure I know.
* Errors: While publishing the pages “rpc_relay” and “canvas” you might encounter an error saying that you cant use the HTML tag, you have to check on stop executing tags and continue.
Populate your Friend Connected site with as many gadgets as you’d like. Click on a gadget below to get the snippet of code for your site.
Allows viewers to post comments, or links to videos on your site.
Review / Rate Gadget
Allows viewers to rate a page, or a section of a page. Viewers can use this to rate videos, articles, books, photos, songs, or anything else you can imagine. You can put multiple Review/Rate gadgets on one page, one for each item you want viewers to review.
This is a sample OpenSocial application that demonstrates the basic concepts that an OpenSocial developer can use in their application.>Fetch site name Fetch members list Fetch profile of current visitor Fetch friends of visitor Zoom in/out of canvas mode
Here is a silly game (lame) where visitors simply click as often as they can to increase their score vs. their friends and other members
Or else create a custom one to generate the code snippet that you need to add a custom OpenSocial gadget to your site.
ANY MORE QUERIES Regarding the installation process feel free to comment here. Ready to help Anytime! I dont like asking like this but please do join this website on Google Friend Connect “chethstudios”. Thank You